In the News Update
- January, 2016- Baltimore City, Court orders that client be evaluated for potential placement in drug treatment, despite State’s opposition.
- January, 2016- St. Mary’s County, client serving twenty years for a binding plea to armed robbery and related charges is granted Health General relief and placed in drug treatment.
- December, 2015- Prince George’s County, client’s sentence reduced by a decade in a second degree murder case pursuant to a motion for modification of sentence.
- October, 2016- St. Mary’s County, Post Conviction Petition, State concedes that firm client’s sentence should be reduced by forty years, from 67 to 27.
- July, 2015- Expedited deportation proceedings vacated after firm client’s convictions were vacated following a successful Coram Nobis Petition in Howard County.
- January, 2015- Firm client, who received a life sentence in 1982 for felony murder in Baltimore City, received a time served sentence following successful negotiation of a Motion to Reopen a closed post conviction.
- Ms. Suter named to the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s Best Lawyers Under 40 list. This year’s list was limited to just 21 lawyers from throughout the country in all fields of practice.
- May 2014- Firm client’s 15 year sentence was modified after he served five years to the equivalent of a time served sentence in Prince George’s County.
- April 8, 2014- Firm client’s attempted first degree murder conviction in Prince George’s County reversed on appeal.
- Ms. Suter selected as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers in the State of Maryland.
- Ms. Suter selected as a 2014 Super Lawyer Rising Star in Maryland and Washington, DC. No more than 2.5% of attorneys in a State may be selected.
- October 1, 2013 – Firm client’s life sentence for felony murder vacated, new trial ordered, Calvert County.
- September 27, 2013 – Firm client’s life sentence for felony murder vacated, new trial ordered based on Petition for Writ of Actual Innocence, Prince George’s County.
- August 22, 2013 – Firm client freed after 47 years in prison, Baltimore City.
- July 25, 2013 – Firm client freed after nearly 40 years in prison, as reported by the Baltimore Sun.
Law is but the means – Justice is the end.
Smart. Resourceful. Relentless. The Law Offices of Erica J. Suter, LLC provides zealous, client-focused legal representation to individuals throughout the state of Maryland and the District of Columbia. We pride ourselves on our dedication to our clients and our unyielding work ethic. The firm handles criminal matters at each stage of legal proceedings, from trial to appeal to collateral attacks on a conviction. However, the mainstay of our practice is appeals and post convictions. At the Law Offices of Erica J. Suter, LLC, we know that no one cares more about your case than you. We make sure that you are fully informed of any developments in your case and we are always available to answer your questions and explain the process. As a client of this firm, you will never be “just another case.” With many of our clients facing life sentences, we know the stakes could not be higher. We bring to bear our experience, skills, and creativity to every case as if it is our only case.
Ms. Suter is of counsel to the law firm of Jezic, Krum & Moyse, LLC.
 Carved on the walls of the Edward Bennett Williams Law Library is the motto of the Georgetown University Law Center, as expressed in an address by a student, Joseph A. Cantrel (Class of 1922), at the 50th Anniversary Celebration in December 1920: “Law is but the means – Justice is the end.”